Sun Splash Family Waterpark Re-opening Guidelines
CDC RELEASES STATEMENT ON COVID-19 & TREATED RECREATIONAL WATER VENUES
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools, hot tubs or spas, or water playgrounds. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools, hot tubs or spas, and water playgrounds should inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
Below are the guidelines that pertain directly to Sun Splash as outlined in the “Safe.Smart.Step-by-Step Plan.”
Large Sporting Events and Theme Parks
- Large spectator sporting events should limit occupancy of venues to 50 percent of building capacity and use strict social distancing.
- Businesses should consider screening employees before work and requiring
workers to wear face masks or cloth face coverings while inside or within close
proximity to members of the public.
- Theme parks may consider re-opening with capacity limits, strict social distancing and proper measures to clean and disinfect.
General Employee Information
- Encourage employees to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Face masks will be made available.
- Gloves will be mandatory at all stations throughout the park.
- The Gift Shop will have a single entry and single exit point.
- Customers will enter at the front and exit through the back doors.
- The doors will be open at all times to avoid touching the handles.
- Preferred method of payment will be credit cards.
- There will be tape marks on the floor for customers to stand at least six feet from the cashier (counter) and other tape marks for customers to stand six feet from each other.
- Gift Shop hours are from 10:00am-5:00pm
- At the Parking Booth, credit cards will be the preferred method of payment.
- At the Ticket Booth, tape will be placed six feet apart on the pavement to make sure social distancing is taking place while waiting in line.
- There is a window where the guest pays so there is protection to both the guest and the cashier.
- Preferred method of payment will be credit cards.
- Guest Relations has a window for distancing. Tape will be placed on the ground six feet apart for customers waiting for Guest Relations. Credit cards will be the preferred method of payment for cabana and luxury lounge rentals.
- Buccaneer Bites (café) and the Ice Cream Shop will be open.
- Buccaneer Bites hours are from 10:00am-4:00pm
- Ice Cream Shop hours are from 11:00am-5:00pm
- Dippin’ Dots will be served from the Ice Cream Shop to adhere to social distancing.
- There will only be two cashiers working at alternate stations adhering to the six feet.
- Credit cards will be the preferred method of payment
- For employees there will only be one person stationed at each station in the kitchen to adhere to social distancing.
- There will be stances with tape marks on the ground six feet apart for the customers to follow.
- Employees will have the option of wearing masks who work inside a building.
Waterpark and Common Areas
- Maximum capacity 800 guests (50%)
- At the Front Gate bags will be checked using social distancing as well as ticket validation.
- Picnic tables at the outside eating area will be at least six feet apart.
- All common railing and counters in the park will be wiped consistently throughout the day.
- Bathrooms will be checked every half hour for cleanliness. Antibacterial soap will be in every soap station.
- Public life jackets will be cleaned using a sanitation bucket and a rinse bucket after each guest use.
- Tubes that are used in the river and on the slides will be stored “upside down” in the pools and Lazy River due to the fact the chemicals in the water kills the virus. At the end of every day a cleaning product will be sprayed on all tubes for disinfecting overnight.
- Lifeguards and Water Safety personnel will remain at least six feet apart. Will utilize gloves while training, training equipment will be sanitized after every use, stations will be sanitized during rotations and common areas will be sanitized between rotations.
- Lifeguards have the option of wearing masks.
- On all attractions 6 feet social distancing will be enforced by tape on the ground.
- Informative PA announcement will be made every half hour about COVID and social distancing.
- Chairs will be spread out 6 feet apart in groups of 4 (4 is our normal family coming into the park). They will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of every day.
- Waterpark hours are from 10:00am-5:00pm
- Lost and Found items will be laundered daily for sanitation reasons
- Since Tiki Hut is outside in an open space it will remain open.
- Tape marks will be put on the ground six feet apart leading to the cashier.
- Preferred method of payment will be credit Cards.
- Tiki hours are from 11:00am-4:00pm.
Camps and Swim Lessons
- All camps and swim lessons – June 2020
- There are no outside coolers allowed in the park.
- There is no outside food or beverage allowed in the park except store bought bottled water.
- If a customer or staff member shows any signs of illness, they will be asked to leave the premises.
- Any group of 10 or more that may congregate will be monitored and managed.